Tek Eye UK is brought to you by Daniel S. Fowler. I work with technology, mainly as an applied computing researcher and software developer. I am not a big user of social media as I do not find it very useful, and I did not want a website that was just a CV and a list of the many projects I have worked on. Likewise, a rambling blog is of no real use. All websites should enrich the Internet and that is the aim of Tek Eye.
This website started out as a way to store nuggets of information that I turned into articles. Articles developed from jotted down notes, comments from colleagues and online feedback and from projects and research I have been engaged in. I like to think that when you're picking gems from the chaos of words that appear in search results some of those gems will be here. Some subjects will be more prominent than others from time to time, as the articles will reflect my current main areas of work and research. Furthermore, Tek Eye will provide guidance on any of the products I have developed and released for general use. I have made everything on Tek Eye freely accessible. Open access to information, software and technology is helpful to many around the world who have limited resources when trying to engineer disruptive software and technologies. Hopefully, those with imagination and a strong work ethic can learn the skills required to become the next entrepreneurs, new start-ups, disruptors and industry 4.0 transformers.
Science, Technology, Engineering, Programming
You may have heard of the term STEM, for Science, Technology, Engineering, and Mathematics. The STEM term is used to group together science subjects that educators think are important to help future technical careers and the industrial skills of a nation. At Tek Eye the subjects are STEM-related, however, mathematics takes a back seat. It is more Science, Technology, Engineering, Programming (S.T.E.P.), bringing interesting and easily accessible articles, research, tutorials, and commentary, covering:
- The technology behind our computerised world and the Information Age.
- Software design, development and programming.
- Research from the technology and computing fields.
- New engineering techniques emerging from the rapid and flexible manufacturing of Industry 4.0.
- New ideas in Internet technologies.
- New techniques in computer communications and security.
- The science behind our digitally driven world.
- Other popular topics of relevance to the Tek Eye website.
Do you have a need to publish your technical work or project?
The main aim at Tek Eye is to develop software and technology to solve problems. This is why programmable computers were invented. Designing custom software is challenging but rewarding. Although it is software that is the primary interest of Tek Eye, it would be great to help out other projects and technology innovations, and to commercialise projects:
- If you are interested in investing in new products there are exciting projects on the horizon.
- Do you have a software application to sell? If you are divesting applications that are generating an income then get in contact.
- Do you need an outlet for your work, products, writing or ideas? You can showcase your output on Tek Eye UK.
For great articles covering S.T.E.P. topics see a full list of all the articles in the Tek Eye full site Index.
Author:Daniel S. Fowler Published: Updated: